- 2 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled
- 3 green onions, minced
- 15 mint leaves chopped, or:1 tbsp dried mint
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped purslane or chickweed (optional)
- 1 to 2 cups pita bread, torn into pieces
Cut the vegetables into bite sizes.
If no dry bread is on hand split loaves of Arab bread by separating the top and bottom of the “pocket”, and crisp in a microwave or regular oven. (You may place the pieces of bread in a plastic bag, sprinkle with drops of olive oil, and shake well before baking.)
Prepare the dressing and toss all ingredients in a salad bowl.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons hamod er rummaan pomegranate syrup to the dressing.
- Classic Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 to 2 tbsp sumac
- pinch Aleppo pepper
Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, cover, and shake to blend.