History (and sometimes, unfortunately, current events) shows us just how easily national borders can change, but we still like to think that they are permanent fixtures. These photos of different national borders around the world show you how both friendly and hostile nations like to fence off their turf.
Borders will often say much about countries’ relationships. The borders between friendly nations, especially those in the European Union’s Schengen zone, can seem almost non-existent, marked by no more than a line or a road sign. Other borders are delineated by natural markers like rivers, or by man-made markers, like guard posts and demilitarized zones.
1. Residents Of Naco, Arizona And Naco, Mexico Play Volleyball Match Over Fence Between USA And Mexico
2. Slovakia, Austria And Hungary
3. Norway And Sweden
4. Netherlands And Belgium
5. Poland And Ukraine
6. Australia And Everywhere
7. Haiti And The Dominican Republic, Distinguished By Their Radically Different
Environmental Protection Laws
8. Zipline Connects Spain And Portugal
9. Macau Drives On The Left Side Of The Road, Mainland China Drives On The Right, So This Is What They Do At The Border
10. USA And Mexico
11. Argentina, Brazil And Paraguay
12. Bolivia And Brasil
13. USA And Mexico
14. Denmark And Sweden
15. Point Where Borders Of Germany, The Netherlands And Belgium Converge Near City Of Aachen
16. USA And Canada
17. Germany And Czech Republic Showcase Two Different Approaches To Bark Beetle Infestation – Silvicultural Intervention Vs. Intentional Neglect
18. Sweden And Norway
19. The Woman At Right Is Standing In The Lithuanian Village Of Norviliskes To Speak With Her Belarusian Relatives Across The Fence On The Border Between Belarus And Lithuania
20. Egypt And Israel
21. Spain And Portugal
22. Germany And Poland And Czech
23. North Korea Vs South Korea
24. The Border Between Germany And Poland, On The Beach Of Usedom.
25. A Golden Triangle Between Thailand, Myanmar And Laos.
26. River Prut As Border Between Romania And Republic Of Moldova
27. Iguazu Falls (Border Between Argentina and Brazil)
28. Austria – Slovenia Alpine Border
29. USA And Canada
30. Russia And Belarus
31. Poland-Ukraine-Slovakia Border On The Top Of A Mountain Krzemieniec
32. India And Pakistan Border Visible From Space
33. Canada-US Border, 1000 Islands
34. North Korea And South Korea
35. Hadrian’s Wall Scotland-England (Built Because The Romans Were Afraid Of The Scots)
36. Hermann Castle And Ivangorod Castle On The Estonian-russian Border, Formed By The Narva River.
38. Chui, Uruguay – Brazil Border
39. India – Pakistan Border (Atari – Wagah)
40. Slovakia (left) Vs Ukraine (right)
42. Bulgarian-Turkish Border
43. Poland (cieszyn) And Czech (Český Těšín)
44. France – Switzerland – Germany (in Basel)
45. Belize Guatemala Border In The Jungle
46. The Real Border Between Chile (left) And Argentina (right): Cordillera De Los Andes
47. Eu And Rest Of World (Spain And Morocco)
48. Between France And Germany – Only The Different City Limit Sign Shows The Difference.
49. Border Between Brazil And Uruguay
50. Chui, Uruguay – Brazil Border
51. Ban Gioc Waterfall At The Border Between Vietnam And China (Photo By Dinh Xuan Dai)
52. Syria – Jordan – Israel @ Golan Heights
53. North And South Cyprus Border. May Peace Be With Us 🙂
54. Italy (The Place, Gorizia) – Slovenia (Train Station Nova Gorica)
55. Asia Vs Europe In Russia
56. Complex Border Between Belgium And The Netherlands.